Today we have:
A “BIG” business tip for
small and mid-sized businesses
In 7 easy steps
I often see a lot of great advice in business forums and threads, but the advice in many cases focuses on the surrounding circumstances. This is important.
But it is not the only answer. Sometimes a solid technique is what is called for, but there aren’t enough techniques. So here I am. Ready to give you a 7 step technique that you can implement today.
Here we go:
1. Outline the specific service or product that you wish to promote.
2. In addition to point number one: Run as many campaigns as you like, but focus on the one product or service for optimal results.
3. Rent a list or cull out the hottest prospects from your in-house list.
4. Send a post card mailing to these prospects. As I understand it, mail gets organized by sizes, so postcards go on top. Also a postcard is “open” so it often gets past the gatekeepers and a very cost effective tool in terms of direct mail.
5. In the post card: Introduce a website for a free download. Have information about your service or product. Or tell them that another package will be coming with more information, so look for it.
6. Be cryptic & persuasive with your postcard copy–BUT–not spooky. Aim to generate interest.
7. Have your sales staff follow up by phone.
Then rinse and repeat.
If possible, send an email too. Email combined with direct mail has increased results in many cases. Get that message in front of your prospect.
Good luck to you and your endeavors,
Also... For more on marketing, copywriting and other fun things, follow me on Twitter. Here: http://twitter.com/CopyByMac Please remember that I am an American copywriter and translator in Japan. So don't be surprised by the occasional tweet in Japanese. One more thing... I want to hear your comments. So please share your thoughts. See the opt-in box up in the right-hand corner? Sign up to have the ease of each new post delivered to your in-box.